In this independent study period, I read as many essays, dissertations, related chapters, paragraphs in books as I can. Meanwhile, I also did a survey myself by publishing a questionnaire on www.wjx.cn.
The reading list cover a range of topics related to the question I have addressed, including female significance, gender relations, family education, and the characteristics of domestic relationships in China. I am not only read Chinese materials but also some English documents, for instance, Women’s efficiency in decision making and their perception of their status in the family by Behice Erci, which is published via Journal of Public Health Nursing. This essay helps me to know women’s efficiency in decision making, their perception of their status within the family, and their demographic characteristics in Turkey. Reading international information can help me to have a more objective and balanced understanding of the features of Chinese current situation. Besides, by reading different countries’ materials, I gradually realized that the reason for a woman to become a housewife is depend on so many aspects, such as their society situations, cultures, their jobs and so on.
In terms of the survey, its purpose are trying to fully understand the situation of stay-at-home parents in China, try to find out the attitudes on stay-at-home parents from male and female, then to better understand the changing status of women in the context of the present era.
As I mentioned in previous leaning log, I did a normal test on the views of stay-at-home parents by Menti.com. I used to hope that I can gain at least 300 results, but I overlooked the difficulty in the time of people can attend at same time. it is hard to get 300 people together to use Menti.com. Hence, I use another website to post 2 questionnaires(in Chinese,one for male, the other is for female ), people who want to participate in this survey, just scan the following QR codes.
The purpose of this social survey is to understand the situation of housewives in all aspects of China. To better understand the changing status of women in the context of the present era.
- Questionnaire A: For men
Housewife situation Questionnaire (for married male)
The purpose of this social survey is to understand the situation of housewives in all aspects of China in order to better understand the changing status of women in the context of the present era. Your opinion is very important to us, please fill in carefully. You are very welcome to make suggestions on our subject and comment on the shortcomings. This questionnaire is anonymous, all the answers are only for statistical analysis, please fill in with confidence. Thank you for participating in our survey!
d.50 years old and above
2.Does your wife have experience as a housewife?
3.You prefer women to do
- Professional Women
- Let it be free to choose
4.Your attitude towards modern women is
- Supporting women’s freedom to pursue self-worth
- Take the family as the core, develop oneself moderately
- Should take the family as the core, wholeheartedly for the family service
- Without interference, let it be free to choose
5.Do you think modern women are more willing to do
- Professional Women
- Make the choice that makes it natural
6.You feel that women choose to be housewives（Multi-choice）
- It’s a voluntary choice.
- is the established role of society
- is a necessary sacrifice to the family.
- Restricting women’s self-development
- Without limiting women’s self-development
7.What do you think Housewives are paying（Multi-choice）
- Educate the next generation, should obtain the society’s great affirmation and the attention
- Should get certain degree of affirmation and attention of society
- No need for too much affirmation and attention
- have been given due affirmation and attention
- Not getting enough affirmation and attention
- No definite attitude
8.Do you think when the family needs more investment
- Women should leave their jobs and take care of their families
- Men should leave their jobs and take care of their families
- The couple took turns to leave work and take care of the family
- Both spouses do not give up work and seek help from other family members
- Both husband and wife do not give up their work and actively increase their investment in the family after work
9.What do you think the pressure of men and women comes from, respectively?（Multi-choice）
|Earn money to support families||Educating future generations||Family Care||Looking for better development||Contributing to society and realizing self-worth|
10.What do you think is the trend of current society?（Multi-choice）
- Increase in the number of women choosing to be housewives
- Reduction in the number of women choosing to be housewives
- Increase in the number of men choosing to be a stay-at-home dad
- The male choice to be a stay-at-home dad does not appear
11.Your comments and suggestions on this topic or this questionnaire.
- Questionnaire B: For other unmarried people
Housewife Survey Questionnaire (other unmarried persons)
The purpose of this social survey is to understand the situation of housewives in all aspects of China. To better understand the changing status of women in the context of the present era. Thank you for participating in our survey. Your opinion is very important to us, please fill in carefully. You are very welcome to make suggestions on our subject and comment on the shortcomings. This questionnaire is anonymous, all the answers are only for statistical analysis, please fill in with confidence. Thank you!
- Students in school
3.Does your mother have experience as a housewife?
4.Do you think housewives
- A. A great contribution to society
- B. A great contribution to the family
- C. Contribution to the family as much as the breadwinner
- D. Less contribution to the family
5.Do you think housewives(Multi-choice)
- A. More leisure time, easy life
- B. More free time, no purpose in life
- C. The son of a teacher, the pressure is great
- D. The son of a child, life enrichment meaningful
- E. Other
6.What do you think of women being housewives?
- A. Life is meaningful and can achieve the value of women
- B. The sacrifices women deserve to make for their families
- C. Denying women the opportunity to pursue their dreams and values
- D. Other evaluations
7.You think housewives compare with women in the workplace
- A. The pressure of housewife’s life is greater
- B. Women in the workplace have a stressful life
- C. The same level of stress in both life
- D. Don’t know
8.What do you think is the easiest problem for housewives to face?(Multi-choice)
- A. Economic issues
- B. Children’s educational problems
- C. Own spiritual Emptiness, dreams and values can not be realized
- D. Not be respected and valued by the people around you
- E. Other
9.Do you think that when the family has the need
- A. Women are more likely to give up work and be housewives
- B. Men are more likely to abandon their jobs and make family cooks
- C. Will not give up work
- D. Husband and wife give up work alternately, take care of family
10.Do you think that in the Modern Family (Multi-choice)
- A. Women who choose to be housewives will increase
- B. Women who choose to be housewives will reduce
- C. Men who choose to be a family cook will increase
- D. Men who choose to be a family cook will reduce
- E. Male choice to be a family cook does not exist
11.What do you think Housewives are paying
- A. Great recognition from society
- B. A certain degree of social affirmation
- C. Lack of recognition and respect
- D. Special attention needs to be given to society
12.Do you think that someone in the family should give up working as a housewife or a family cook?
- A. Believe that women should abandon their jobs and take care of their families
- B. Believe that men should abandon their jobs and take care of their families
- C. Should not give up work
- D. In the case of children in the home, it is hoped that women will be able to give up work over a period of time
- E. Other
13.Your any comments and suggestions on the topic of this questionnaire or housewives.
*Above are the translate version of the original questionnaires.